- Catalan Soccer do not sell places at individual sessions and require block bookings with payment in advance – dates align with Leeds City Council school calendars.
- Half-term bookings are available exclusively for members that subscribe to multiple sessions, or have more than 1 child in classes (siblings).
- New registrations will be required to make a debit card, BACS transfer or cash payment for the remaining sessions of the forthcoming block to guarantee their child’s place. This may be anything from a 1-13 week payment.
- Members that fail to forward payment before the renewal deadline accept that their place may be offered to another child on the waiting list.
- Classes do not run on Bank holidays, or on Good Friday. For a full schedule of classes please see the Catalan Soccer class calendar.
- The weekly class schedule pauses during school holidays including Half-terms, Easter, Christmas and New Year.
- Upon making payment for your child’s first membership period, all parents will be required to enrol onto the auto-renewal Direct Debit system.
- Payments will be taken automatically from customers nominated accounts for future terms unless cancellation is received by email – please note we will not accept cancellation requests verbally or by SMS, MMS or WhatsApp message.
- Members will be pre-notified of any Direct Debit scheduled to leave their account. Queries on amounts and subscriptions must be raised a clear 12 working days before the payment date.
- Customers will be advised of all payment dates for the calendar year via email before signing up the Direct Debit system.
- A failed payment fee of £5.00 is payable in the event of a returned direct debit.
Refund & Absence Policy
- Due to small class sizes and substantial operating costs, we do not offer full or partial refunds for absences.
- Catalan Soccer cannot be held liable for injuries that happen to its players away from Catalan classes, and therefore we are unable to offer refunds or credits for short or long-term injuries.
- Should your child be absent from sessions due to a medium/long term injury please contact a member of the coaching team by email to discuss.
- Catch-up sessions are subject to availability and must be, where offered, redeemed before the end of the respective block of which the original absence occurred. Missed sessions cannot be carried over to another block of classes.
- Where absence on a previous term has occurred, membership fees for future classes will always remain payable in full.
- Catalan Soccer® reserve the right to retain membership fees for sessions that you choose not to or are unable to attend.
- If a payment has been taken from your account in error, please let us know by email and we will refund any amounts within 48 hours of being notified.
- Should Catalan Soccer terminate a parent’s membership solely due a breach of the code of conduct this would subsequently disqualify them from attending future classes
- All remaining session fees would be refunded into the bank account from which original membership was paid.
- Important - Terminated memberships do not qualify for a refund for the sessions that have already been attended during the current membership period.
- Players attending Catalan Soccer classes are required to wear suitable footwear (moulded studs or astroturf trainers), shin guards and have an appropriate amount of fluids to keep them hydrated.
- Where available, new players will be required to purchase a Catalan Soccer training kit to wear to their sessions.
- In order to participate in activities all players must wear Odd Socks – made up of one red, and one yellow sock.
- Parents that allow their children to participate without shin pads do so at their own risk. Catalan Soccer accept no liability for injuries.
- Parents that allow their children to participate wearing glasses do so at their own risk. Catalan Soccer recommend prescribed sports goggles and accept no liability for injury or breakage.
Players that do not have appropriate footwear, and more importantly shin guards, may not be allowed to participate in parts or all of the coaching sessions.
Code of Conduct: Parents & Carers
- Remain outside the training courts unless invited by a member of staff.
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour.
- Always respect the players’ right to be wrong and make mistakes.
- Trust the coaching team to manage mistakes to the players/groups’ advantage.
- Applaud effort, sportsmanship and good play as well as success.
- Refrain from discussing the individual strengths and weaknesses of players.
- Respect the positive and child-centred environment we aim to create at our sessions.
- Remember that children play for FUN.
- Let the coaches do their job and not confuse the players by telling them what to do.
Social Media Usage
- Catalan Soccer will only accept positive use of its social media pages including Twitter and Facebook. These pages are not to be used for grievances or complaint procedures. Catalan Soccer® reserve the right to remove any derogatory comments aimed at Catalan Soccer, its partners, customers or children participating in the programme.
- Our social media pages are a celebration of youth football and the nature of their content must reflect this positive intent. Also, it is acceptable to take videos and footage of your own children whilst training at Catalan, however, any content that contains other children should not be published in the public domain - including social media platforms.
- Where parents refuse to remove such content that compromises the privacy of another Catalan Soccer member or child, we reserve the right to report any published content to the social media platform whenever necessary.
- In the event of a breach of these terms members may be temporarily or permanently banned from the page until disputes have been resolved.
- Catalan Soccer may add you to a WhatsApp group for your child’s class to communicate key information relating to your child’s training. The WhatsApp platform allows us to see which parents have read messages and therefore guarantee a higher level of service to our members.
- Parents that do not wish to be included in WhatsApp groups are free to leave the group. You will still receive important updates via SMS and email.
Class Cancellation & Adverse Weather Policy
- We are unable to refund customers for their coaching sessions, when the pitches are playable and therefore chargeable to Catalan Soccer.
- Where the facility can clear pitches and guarantee playability, we are obligated to honour the payments for our block booked pitches.
- Although we will try our best to provide catch-up sessions to players that have missed classes, we will not refund/credit/rollover or deduct sessions fees from the current or future block bookings.
- Sessions will continue to operate through periods of adverse weather. Catalan Soccer cannot be held responsible for travel complications and delays due to such weather conditions.
Photographs & Video
- Catalan Soccer will periodically have live photo shoots during sessions and may use the images/video recorded for CatalanSoccer.com and our social media channels.
- Images posted will adhere to FA Safeguarding guidelines and will be anonymised never identifying children by their first and second name.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to opt-out of the publication of images. Please notify us as quickly as possible, by email, otherwise it will be deemed that you have granted permission for the images to be used.
- You can request a copy of our full complaints procedure by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catalan Soccer® reserve the right to discontinue memberships without a notice period where we feel communication from members has been, in our opinion, aggressive, insulting, publicly damaging and/or abusive to the football school’s coaches, members or partner agencies.
- Catalan Soccer also reserve the right to revoke or discontinue memberships should there be any instances of alcohol or substance misuse.
Comments / Complaints
In the event that you have any reason to complain or have any comments, you must immediately inform the hotel in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing. If you remain dissatisfied, you must write to email@example.com within 21 days of the end of your stay giving full details of your complaint:
Catalan Soccer LLP
Off Kirkstall Road
Leeds LS4 2AW